EDITING INSTRUMENTS IN A KIT
- Press DRUM KIT to go to the Main Screen.
- Press EDIT INST. The top of the screen will show the number and name of the Kit whose Instruments (drum voices) you will be editing.
- Select INST (F1). The new screen will show:
a) the trigger Voice you are editing (the Kit number and name of the Voice will be shown)
b) the Layer (each Voice consists of two layers, each with its own Instrument)
c) the Category (the type or "class" of drum sound currently assigned to that Layer)
d) the Instrument (the drum sound for that Layer)
- Select the Voice whose Instrument you want to change by pressing NOTE CHASE then striking the desired trigger. Alternatively, you can highlight the Voice (next to the Kit number) using the CURSOR UP / DOWN buttons to highlight it and use the VALUE UP / DOWN buttons or VALUE DIAL to change it.
- Select which Layer of that Voice you will edit by pressing EDIT INST. It will toggle between Layer A and B.
- Select the Category you want to assign to that Voice by pressing CURSOR UP / DOWN to highlight the Category field, then use the VALUE UP / DOWN buttons or VALUE DIAL to change it.
- Select the Instrument for that Layer by pressing CURSOR UP / DOWN to highlight the Instrument field, then use the VALUE UP / DOWN buttons or VALUE DIAL to change it. To hear the currently selected sound, strike the corresponding trigger or press PREVIEW on the module.
Note: The available Instruments for the hi-hat and ride cymbal Categories are pre-defined sets of sounds designed to work together (e.g., the hi-hat can produce open, closed, "chick" or splash sounds). You can assign any Category or Instrument you like for the hi-hat and ride cymbal triggers, but because other Instruments are designed to work differently, the results will vary.